Stephen hawking has warned saying that we humans have only 1000 years left on this Earth. And it’s time to find another planet for mankind survival. So for now the only alternative we have is Mars. Already many countries like USA, India, China and individual research companies like SpaceX are studying on Mars. So in this article I will tell you some crazy facts about Mars.
- Mars was named after the Roman god of war and agriculture, and the month March was named after the planet Mars.
- Mars is almost 53% in size to the Earth.
- Mars is 1.405 times far than Earth to the Sun.
- Mars is 1/10th in Mass and 1/6th in Volume when compared to Earth
- Mars gravity is 0.375 times to the Earth. So if you weigh 100 kg on Earth you will be 38 kg on Mars.
- 23 hours 56 minutes is a day on Earth, on Mars it’s 24 hours 37 minutes which is called Martian day or Sol.
- Earth takes 365 days to circle around the Sun whereas Mars takes 687 days. Due to this Mars has prolonged seasons. Perhaps we might experience every season twice in an year.
- Mars has the largest dust storms in the solar system..
- Mars has the tallest mountain in the solar system which is called Olympus Mons. It is 16 miles high and 374 miles in diameter.
- Mars has lots of iron oxide on it’s surface which gives the planet rust color. That’s why we call Mars as the red planet.
- Unlike Earth, Mars has 2 moons called Phobos and Deimos. They are relatively close to Mars when compared to Earth to Moon distance.
Hope in coming centuries we will colonize Mars and make living on the red planet. If you found our article helpful subscribe to our infotainment YouTube channel for informative videos 🙂