Why Do We Dream?
Dreams are part of our daily life. But have you ever wondered why do we dream?
- Dreams are nothing but the combined interpretation of the information collected when we are awake and our sub-conscious desires.
- We normally dream during REM (Rapid Eye Movement) stage of sleep which may last 5 to 20 mins, 3 to 7 times a night. That’s almost 6 years of one’s entire life. We normally get fun and bizarre dreams.
- Dreams help in controlling emotional and psychological balance. Most of the times we don’t have control over our dreams.
- Sometimes in mid sleep you actually know that you are dreaming and you will have control over your character and the environment. This is called Lucid dreaming or conscious dreaming.
- Wet dreams or nocturnal emission where people have orgasm during sleep. Which means you are romancing with your loved one in the dream.
- Sleep paralysis where you dream about devils. You know that you are dreaming but you cannot do anything. Feels like someone is in your room. These type of dreams we normally interpret as nightmares.
- Premonition dreams where people actually dream what’s going to happen in future. Just like sixth sense.
Why Do We Forget Dreams?
Usually we forget 90% of our dreams. Well it’s obvious that we don’t remember things which we don’t pay attention. People who can recall their dreams are those who wakes up in mid sleep and spends sometime to figure out what happened.